Why do I love you most when you’re asleep?
I find myself, in my sleepless drudgery,
Thinking of you- and us
As we were, happy and glowing
Past our golden years already?
I wonder where your dreams have led you
Into the arms of another reality
Or fighting to regain your hope in this one,
The trench we lay in together
Shooting rounds into the air
Dodging them as they strike down upon us,
Our weary minds wishing for the city on a hill
Before we poisoned our water with neglect
And drove our dreams into the dim hallways of our wandering minds
Ever focused on the march forward
But towards what end? And what rejuvenation?
Sweet sleep should come to me, and open my eyes
To you, waiting to join my fears and hope
On the other side
But you are always absent from my dreams
So I love you most while you dream in secret
No comments:
Post a Comment