Sunday, October 5, 2014

Wander Away

August 1st, 2009-

I'm going out on a journey, 
And you're invited along. 
I'm going out on the lonely road, 
And I'm sure it will be long.
I won't be coming back again, 
Not until I've found what I need.
Please, come away with me, 
And I swear that I'll let you lead.
Oh, don't leave me by the path, 
Just hold tight to my hand,
And don't leave me at all alone, 
Until you know I will stand.
I'm going on an adventure, 
And really, I am scared.
I might get lost a few more times, 
But at least I'll be prepared.

I'm going away from here-
From all this hate and grief and pain
And don't expect me back again
Until the last tear has dried.
Then I'll come down the path once more
And you'll be waiting at the door, unless-
I'm going out on a journey, 
And I wish you'd come along.
We could head out for the wild trail, 
To find what makes us strong.

So come with me 
Out into nowhere, 
Out into where we belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment