Thursday, December 15, 2011

Boy

No telling what's chasing around
in his head, but
my boy sweats when he sleeps,
getting out those bad dreams.
His knees move back and forth,
body can't decide what to do
all on its own.
My baby wears a ring on his hand,
just because I wanted him to have it.
Man, he doesn't talk too much-
Not even enough,
but he'll smile a bit when he listens.
My baby laps up the sweetness of life
to get that bad taste out of his mouth.
And then he shakes his head. You know,
like a dog with water in his ears
and then he trots off again, renewed
maybe a bit.
That boy grabs me hard sometimes
in between the other times.
And when he's thinking
and his eyes get that lidded look
and his fingers just have to move.
Maybe that's when I love him most.
But I'm not sure, cause my baby doesn't talk much.

No comments:

Post a Comment