Saturday, November 19, 2016

A Thank-You Note

I could write you a love note
But I don't dare
For you'd only feel embarrassed
And tell me, "I'm nothing special"
Which only makes you more

Simple chance, and chance again
Was all that it took to illuminate
More serious similarities
Of soul and body and laughing spirit

Hazy days of hot smoking summers at the window
And dreamlike meetings on the carved rocks
The beginning ended quickly
And the rest of time began

So many single entities that embody you
Kind and gentle
Strong and clear
All good words and all good reactions
That confuse me, I don't know how to act,
So instead I am myself-
What a strange engagement

I say yes more now
And there are slips of comfortable truth
That I don't doubt
But I still must only be myself
As you are yours

No awkward verse could translate reality
Which may have no definition
But this existence is made sweeter by you-
I know my own worth
And suffering is turned to passion and joy











No comments:

Post a Comment