Monday, July 25, 2016

Today's Sunrise: 5:49 am

Early light, one more time
I am wide awake with a sweating soul
After days of gluttony
No rest when I must drink in
Every drop of hope that can be found

The paling sky shines softer
Than the faded moon,
Prophecy
To the anti-lullaby of of birds,
And I wait for the first stirring
Of true day

Past the crickets' cacophony
And the vague creature sounds
Beyond the forest's door
The first bird-song breaks open
A bell ringing like a waterfall
Sudden and sweet
And gone before the first note has finished

Echoing into all my memories
Of anxious nights
And new dawn greetings
The sudden tears brought
In telling my own truth

As the birds join together
In ceremony, speaking in tongues
But worshipping together
The same new day
That now taunts me with its innocence

No comments:

Post a Comment