I save myself in stealing souls,
As many as I can sweep up in one fierce night
A bright set of eyes, a lock of silken hair
Wrapped in boxes on my shelf
Neglected but forever loved
Always in their place when it’s done-
Clean your room, my mother said
Dust it well, make your bed
I would rather be a speechless beast
And watch in blank curiosity
The carnival below the hill-
Pulsing, blinding lights
Warped music in the wind-
Staying on the path left by unnamed ancestors
Only doing what they should,
Pacing through time in the unlit woods
But hear me howl,
I bay for blood and lap it from outstretched hands
Never filled and ever thirsty
Begging for another scrap
I will starve to death
Don’t you believe me?
How I sing when love is in my throat
Stolen from pretty boys and girls
Too pure with souls not yet unfurled
I am better than bad, but not much
Split in two like Solomon’s babe-
Mother, save me from myself
Or I will die on the sword’s judicial edge
Black-and-white, yes no yes no
Oh my god, fuck me slow
I give so little and take it all
But I will never confess to my victims,
For every death is beautiful
In a vast and shattered glory
When it makes that ocean sound
Of constant waves crashing down
Disjointed miracles in my own brain
Lead me to believe we are all shamans
Testing our own limits of belief and understanding
But I want
Your drugs
Your chants
Your spirit
Let me suck the marrow from your bones
And wear your white teeth around my neck
The birds can have your hair for nests-
I will eat the heart
As many as I can cut from chests
Left open to my knife
That sings gentle and low on the whetstone
I love you I love you
And all my sweethearts feel like the sea-
Wrap me in waves of salt and serpents
Pulsing together and pulled by the moon
To fertility and inevitable decay
Spilling over with blood from the cup
A spectacle of blatant tragedy,
Whipped to froth and frenzy
A thousand fractured splinters,
And here I thought they glittered
Scattered through the universe
But they are only dead bits cast-off as gifts
Here- take me, I cannot sell myself
To any bidder, for I am priceless
Only worth worshipping piece from piece
A neverending gluttonous feast
Take the poison now and die unspent
Or fight for every taste less soothing,
Ask for more until you fall into your grave
The last bed of the well-rested son
Always up early to greet the morning through the trees-
Sleep, sleep some more with me
Hear that steady roar again?
The thumping of the death drum
That drives us to the cliff-
I live for that flowing blood and wet skin
The sounds of despair in any delight
Knowing that’s one less sweet grape to eat,
An empty skin left at my feet
The ambient sound of extinction
Sleepy-slow as a lullaby
Filling that ache behind my eyes,
Rushing in and out of open lips
Too bitter to speak, too dear to kiss
How many nights have I spent like this?
Visions opened on my own deep fear
Of too many loves and not enough years
-November 24, 2015, 11:30 pm-
-November 24, 2015, 11:30 pm-
No comments:
Post a Comment